In combination with my low FODMAP guacamole recipe, I created this salsa recipe so I could enjoy Mexican food again. This recipe calls for a fresh ingredients, making this salsa refreshing and delicious! One of my husband’s favorite snacks is chips and salsa, but I could never enjoy it with him because of the onion in every jar of salsa ever. Now, I can whip up a batch of this homemade salsa to satisfy both of our snack cravings! This salsa is also yummy on top of tacos or used as veggie dip. I hope this recipe, along with my guacamole recipe, helps you enjoy some of your favorite foods again too!
- 2 tomatoes (from vine), seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
Dice and seed tomato and jalapeño. Chop all fresh herbs. Stir all ingredients until combined. Enjoy with chips or your favorite taco recipe!